18.8.09

"40" (u2)



(fotografia de bruce davidson, "boy on bed with bare light bulb in ceiling (east 100th street), s/d)


"I waited patiently for the Lord
He inclined and heard my cry.
He brought me right out of the pit,
out of my miry clay.
I will sing a new song,
How long to sing this song?
He set my feet upon a rock,
and made my footsteps heard.
Many will see,
Many will see and fear.
I will sing, sing a new song.
How long to sing this song?" (1)

u2

(1) retirado do cd dos u2, war (1983)

4 comentários:

Ruela disse...

Fantástica fotografia!



Abraço.

jorge vicente disse...

e texto também. um dos melhores dos u2, que nunca primaram por ser poetas!

grande abraço
jorge

Luísa Ataíde disse...

Chegamos aqui ao limite da desesperança, excelente postagem.

jorge vicente disse...

o limite de onde só será possível nascer o amor.

muitos beijinhos
jorge