30.10.11

'81 (joanna newsom)



(fotografia de matthieu lavanchy, "morte-saison", 2008)


"I found a little plot of land
in the garden of eden
it was dirt and dirt is all the same

I tilled it with my two hands
and I called it my very own
There was no one to dispute my claim

Well, you'd be shocked at the state of things
The whole place had just cleared right out
It was hotter than hell, so I lay me by a spring
For a spell as naked as a trout

The wandering eye that I have caught
Is as hot as a wandering sun
But I will want for nothing more, in the garden
To start again
In the hardening of every new heart but one

Meet me in the garden of Eden,
Bring a friend, we are going to have a time
We have are going to have a garden party,
It's on me, no sir-e, it's my dime

We broke out hearts in the war between
St. George and the dragon
But both in equal parts are welcome to come along
To come along, I'm inviting everyone

Farewell, to loves that i have known
Even muddiest as waters run
Tell me what is meant by sitting alone in a garden,
Seceded from the Union in the year of '81?

The unending amends you made
Are enough for one life, be done
I believe in innocence, little darling, start again
I believe in everyone

I believe, regardless, I believe in everyone" (1)

joanna newsom



(1) retirado do cd have one on me (2010)

2 comentários:

tecas disse...

Excelente escolha da imagem para realçar o que já é belo...o poema. Meu querido amigo Jorge,
quando publicas no teu blog os teus?
Bjito amigo e bom fim de semana com muita poesia.

jorge vicente disse...

Amiga,

eu vou publicando muito de vez em quando :)

Vou ver se publico ainda hoje ou amanhã :)

Muitos beijos
Jorge